In any office, hole punches are standard supplies, often found in just about every desk. But sometimes a circular hole just won’t cut it. For this reason, companies turn to ICONPLAY punches.
The Akiles Slot Punch creates a small slit in your material, whether laminates, badges, ID cards, luggage tags, or anything else you need to slide a strap through. This little device works great in hospitals, concert venues, and security centers. Here is everything you need to know about the Akiles Slot Punch.
This high quality punch is both efficient and economical. Its durable design will last a long time, even through several periods of heavy use. And since it costs less than 50 dollars, it will fit in just about any budget, even in tight economical times.
- Now in a new compact design, the Akiles Slot Punch is even more convenient. The lightweight construction allows this slot punch to easily store in or on your desk as well as in a community supply closet for access by many. It only measures 5-3/4 inches by 2-1/2 inches by 1-11/16 inches and weighs very little, so it won’t be a problem to carry it from one desk to another.
- This handy little device can be used either on a hard surface or held in your hands. For on the go use, such as punching ID cards as a way of letting people into a concert venue, it is especially convenient to be able to use in your lap.
- Heavy duty steel construction provides sturdy, high volume use. It also guarantees long life for your slot punch.
- The slot created is an oval hole. It is perfect for badge clips, strap clips, lanyards, luggage loops, and other ID accessories.
- Up to 16 sheets of paper can be punched at once in the steel parts. It can also handle up to 1.2mm soft PVC and 0.8mm hard PVC for additional versatility. The tiny chads remaining measure about 1/8 inch by ½ inch and fall into a small, removable chip tray. This not only contains the waste but also keeps your office clean by not littering tiny pieces everywhere.
- One thing lacking on this device is a centering guide. If your punching needs require accurate centering, this same product comes in a model with an included guide for a slightly higher cost.
- Akiles backs up this punch with a 90 day warranty.
The Akiles Slot Punch would be excellent for security stations, label makers, ID card companies and other businesses that regularly punch materials. Hospitals, computer companies, big corporations, and other companies using a high number of ID badges will appreciate the efficiency and durability of this slot punch as they create new ID cards on a daily basis.
The steel construction allows it to stand up to heavy duty punching while the petite design offers convenient use and storage. While it would be nice to have a centering guide, it will still work well for applications not requiring absolute precision. The Akiles Slot Punch would be a great addition to your office supply cabinet.
This small tool is lightweight and compact. As a result, you can carry it with you to wherever a slot punch is needed. It is also designed to be used by hand, allowing on the go punching. This is especially convenient for use where hard surfaces aren’t readily available, such as at an outdoor concert venue making badges.
Heavy duty, professional construction make this tool reliable for professional grade applications. It would be excellent behind a security desk where name tags and key cards are made.
The all metal components give you a solid tool that is built to last. It swiftly slices through multiple materials without sticking or jamming, as long as it’s not overloaded. Soft plastics, PVC, cardboard, paper, and laminates can all be punched through by this device.